Saturday, June 6, 2015

Mocha protein shake

Are you one of those people that must have coffee in the morning? I totally am, but I don't always finish the pot (or even the cup I make). This is because I'm running out the door each morning, as I'm sure most of us are! Well today, I decided to put my cup of coffee in the fridge before heading out to my Body Pump class at the gym. After lifting weights, I always like to have some protein, so I decided I'd use my leftover coffee in a shake. OMG! I think I found my new favorite shake!!!!

It was so easy to make! Here's my recipe:

1 cup of brewed coffee (mine included some French vanilla creamer and half teaspoon of coconut sugar already)

1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (vanilla, chocolate, or plain... Whatever your pleasure!)

1/2 a frozen banana

1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)

2 handfuls of ice

Add sweetener of your choosing (I didn't since I already had some in my coffee)

Blend well in a blender or Vitamix

That's it! Simple as that and you have your breakfast or post workout meal! It completely filled my Blender bottle (26 ounces).




Give it a try and let me know your thoughts! 

OX,
Mac 


No comments:

Post a Comment