Ingredients you need:
~2 sweet potatoes
~1 medium onion
~thyme (fresh or dried)
~2 cups of COOKED quinoa
~3 teaspoons of garlic
~ salt (I use PinkHimalayan)
~ ground pepper
~coconut oil (couple of spoonfuls)
1. Cook quinoa. (I usually make this ahead of time, especially if using in other recipes... It freezes well!) Boil water and place 1 cup of quinoa... Quinoa will double in size once done. I've made the mistake before of boiling two cups and getting 4 cups of cooked quinoa.
2. Rinse 2 sweet potatoes and dry off with a paper towel. Use a fork to punch holes throughout the potato (very important!!!) place in the microwave and cook on baked potato setting (usually about 8 minutes for 2)
3. Dice medium onion and sauté with a little bit of EVOO over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt to help the onions sweat. Cook until the onions become translucent; then add the garlic (only for a bit so it doesn't burn) and a big (palm size) helping of thyme. I only had dry thyme at home so I put a palm size full of thyme and rubbed my hands together to bring out its flavor. Mix ingredients together and take off heat.
4. In a large mixing bowl, place cooked quinoa, the onion mixture and cooked sweet potato without the skin.
5. Wait until sweet potato has cooled and mix together. Add salt and pepper for flavor.
6. Form mixture into balls and flatten into small patties.
7. In the same sauté pan as you cooked the onions, add a spoonful of coconut oil to melt in the pan over medium heat. Cook patties on each side till they brown. They may not completely stay together... But no worries they still taste great.
Voila! Simple, easy and healthy too!
Sorry I didn't take pictures of the finished product... Smelled too good that I had to eat, and totally forgot about the leftovers! I will definitely add them once I make this awesome recipe again!