Sunday, August 30, 2015

Welcome Sign Bunting


I'm beyond excited to go back to teaching in third grade!! This past week, I spent a lot of time in my classroom that I share with my co-teacher decorating for the start of school!

One of the things I wanted to do was create bunting to invite the students (and others too) into our classroom!  We have huge three windows and I have seen other colleagues hang signs across them in the past! I am obsessed with chevron, so I wanted to create my own bunting; chevron style! My co-teacher loves to scrapbook; so I had an idea! 

First, I created my own chevron style welcome sign. Check it out my TpT store:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Welcome-Sign-Letters-for-Bunting-Chevron-Style-2063650


The best part is it is FREE!! I then asked my co-teacher to bring in some of her scrapbook papers! When she did, I picked out papers with both patterns and textures. From there, I used printed out my welcome sign letters and arranged them on the scrapbook paper. I created a template for bunting and cut all of the scrapbook papers to match. I also cut off the excess trim from my letters and aligned them in the thick scrapbook paper. I used rubber cement (if you haven't used this for your projects; you MUST try it!) to glue onto the scrapbook paper. Once dried, I laminated each and cut off the excess lamination! 

Afterwards, I attached Command hooks on both sides of the window and then strung yarn with small knots at the end to hang on the hooks. 

Finally, I used small binder clips to attach the bunting to the yarn and then I spaced them out and readjusted the length of yarn to have the right amount of swag!


Here is the final product! 


No comments:

Post a Comment